Saturday, August 22, 2009

Busy Bee

I've been a bit bee like lately. Maybe like those busy little bees - I'm preparing for the upcoming cold weather. I guess in a way I am - holiday season means shopping... Shopping hopefully means my jewelry, fine art cards, and fine art prints find loving homes! Oh, how they do not like living in boxes and baggies and cellophane sleeves.

I've been working rather hard recently trying to make Etsy really work for me. After reading a ton of the "Quit Your Day Job" interviews with artists who are already making Etsy work for them I got a little inspired - maybe even a bit jealous. I want to be able to do what I love from the comfort of my own home too! I want to be able to drink coffee in my pajamas while I answer e-mails and post in the forums before starting my day creating.

One thing everyone has in common in the interviews is that they list new items a few times a day - everyday. I've been listing on a semi-regular basis and I really have seen an increase in items views. I've also been spending times in the forums, started posting photographs in my Flickr photostream, updated links in my deviantART... According to Google Analytics my Etsy store has a 1,460% increase in views so far this month... None of this hard work has lead to any sales so far, but I have gotten item and shop hearts. I'm hoping for some sales soon!



Hugs -
Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment