Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Digital Scrapbooking

Okay, so I'm not exactly much of a scrapbooker.  I've got lots of scrapbook papers and other goodies, I used to scrapbook a bunch with my sister, but I haven't done it in awhile.  I'm interested in a lot of different scrapbooking techniques for other applications like cards, journal type books, shadowbox art...  I got a Bamboo Wacom Tablet awhile ago because I wanted to use it for digital photograph editing.  I used one years and years ago in high school and enjoyed it more than using a mouse.  The tablet came with some different software and a book for digital scrapbook.

 Bamboo Fun (Medium) Blue Tablet with Pen, Mouse, and Graphics Software

After checking out the information and looking up different digital scrapbooking goodies online I became semi-obsessed with the idea.  Not obsessed with the idea of digital scrapbooking in and of itself, but with the idea of using all these great snazzy bobbles for websites, and website badges and buttons, adding some textures and antiquing to photographs and things like that.  Some of these designers make some really amazing goodies which are surprisingly realistic - some are insanely adorable - others are just plain neat.  To make it more fun, some of these designers give away freebie downloads of some of their goods.

If you're interested in checking any of these things out, here are some websites that I think are fun...

Tempus fugit - the fantastic freebie blog

Scrapbook - Bytes - filled with tutorials and downloads


Digital Scrap Cafe - an online store with a blog and lots of different artists offering goodies to download


All of these websites have inspired a bunch of ideas for new blog designs and badge/button goodness. 

Hugs,
Cait


No comments:

Post a Comment